Pageviews past week

Monday, July 29, 2013

Daytripping

 
One of the beauties of a Eurail pass is that you can be standing on a mountain in Lauterbrunnen and decide that you might like to spend the afternoon in
Spietz and then continue on to
Basel
where you can take a leisurely evening stroll

as easily as getting a drink before bed. Or you can get the sudden wild hare idea to go to Lucerne.  That decision takes you on a breathless train ride around gorgeous lakes and up up up and then down.  It's like a fairyland! 
 

We wandered around for a couple of hours, sampled the ice cream, took in a church, and caught the train back through Shangri-La to Interlaken.

Lucerne used to be my "Swiss connection"--I'd been there twice with students and it was my point of reference.  Then I backpacked in the Alps here with friends in 2006, and now I have even many more memories to conjure up of Switzerland!

No comments:

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley