All of this aside, I have made my peace with moon-induced sleeplessness over the years. Once I determined that tossing and turning resulted in...well, more tossing and turning, I learned to get up and embrace my inner insomniac. So far tonight/this morning I've progressed on a shawl I'm knitting, watched a couple of youtube tutorials, ordered some fabric with my birthday money, sent out a couple of emails, breezed briefly over to etsy.com, snacked up a biscotti, put my phone on the charger, and now I'm wowing the world with this heart-stopping blogpost. I've done a bit of thinking too, but experience has shown that too much of that in the wee hours is detrimental. Thinking be gone!!!!
- Paco has a $25 reward posted for the discovery of his van and truck keys. He has lost them in a grand way--somewhere in the farmyard. Needle in a haystack you say? Exactly. I imported one of my 7th graders (I have a limitless supply) after school. Zac's methodical search yielded no keys, but he did join in some jolly dung raking and feasted at our dinner table as well.
- We're on skeleton crew at school between fieldtrips and track meets. Those of us left behind do our best to cerebrum on, but today was a parade of drama queens and squirrels (my "pet" name for restless mischievous 7th graders). Spring, post standardized-test trauma, and May in the air. Doesn't leave us much to work with.
- Have you met Pudsey yet? Google/youtube him. A snappy little dancing canine who won the hearts of Britain's Got Talent. Mugsy hmmmphed when I showed him the youtube. He doesn't cotton to show-off types apparently.
- I received some priceless 6 year old art in the mail today. Thanks, Charlie! You rock my world!
- We've picked up a boat. It's a bit of a relic, but then, so are we.