Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Temara--Catholic Sisters' Burn Clinic and School


We didn't see this clinic prior to the visit of Pope Frances, but the new paint fairly SHONE!  Everything looked newly spruced up!!


I know for a fact that this cement pad and awning are new because a similar project had been recommended to us as a possibility here by our predecessors.  The burn patients now have a lovely place to wait.



The sisters offer a supplemental school.  When we visited, they were in session, so I couldn't stage my usual photo frenzy.  But I did zoom in from outside the classroom and caught this stunning child.


With Sister Gloria and Archbishop Cristobel


I hope I radiate 1/10,000th of the goodness that Sister Gloria does when MY hair is completely white!  I am pretty sure you can't fake it.




Some embassy Catholics spiffed up the playground!  The place must have been a flurry of activity before the pope's arrival.


Kids' art!


And more!


Add a camel, some palm trees, and a medina--voile'!  Morocco!

No comments:

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley