Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Shopping in Casa


One of our projects with LDS Charities involved a women's sewing cooperative in Casablanca.



We spent a delightful day dodging everything known to man in crowded markets in a couple of places in the city.


Their efficiency suggested they had done some pre-shopping/scoping.  That red bundle is what I bought for a caftan they are making me!



This guy and I shared a bathroom stall.


We shoe shopped too!  They were insistent that I get red shoes too!




Ten of these bad boys were part of the deal too!!  Can't wait to see what they've womped up!  Their business plan included sportswear, swimwear and nightwear!  We'll go back after Ramadan for a fashion show perhaps!

No comments:

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley