Pageviews past week

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Paris Literary Club--Founded 1942




This is the classiest group of well-read gals you're likely to meet! We're shown here at the annual Christmas party held this year at my home. Missing is Sandra who's on a mission with her husband in Nauvoo. The two grand gals in the front (top photo) are Virtue (left) and Lark. Lark traveled through two very very high mountain passes from Wyoming with her daughter-in-law to be with us. We had a lovely dinner,exchanged gifts, and then Virtue told tales from her childhood Christmases. She's had 94 Christmases!!! Who can TOP that??? I've belonged to this club for 4 delightful years. God bless them EVERY ONE!!!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Great pictures. Your house looks very festive. Did you all plan to wear red like that??

Laura said...

I used to be in a book club and I miss it so much!

I love the matchy matchy red on everyone. So festive and fun!

Mad Hadder said...

All that red was totally spontaneous.

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley