Pageviews past week

Friday, March 13, 2009

"A Man and His Apron Strings...Be Still My Heart..."


If you'll excuse the minor indiscretions in this video clip from "A Funny Thing Happened On My Way to the Forum", it illustrates my point perfectly today--one can never underestimate the value of a good illustrative point via youtube. Since mid-January I have been the "victim" of complete and utter servitude. And believe you me, ya otter try it!! The down economy has misplaced many of the country's men and taken them from the 9-5 grind straight into a prone position on the couch. Some of the female authors of accounts I have read on-line complain of TOO MUCH man lying around with a remote stuck to his hand, playing video games, sleeping in until noon, and generally resorting to cave man gruntings. However...drum roll please...I take my sombrero off today in praise of one Paco who has taken his role on the nation's rapidly expanding unemployed rolls with complete dignity, thrift, and aplomb.
Here is a partial list of his daily activities of the last few months: makes breakfast and dinner DAILY, brings me lunches to school upon request, serenades me on his re-discovered guitar, does all laundry, builds shelves in the garage, sprouts all manner of seed sprouts for eating, mends, vacuums, plans and executes weekend get-aways, does dishes, shops, feeds llamas, de-junks the office, pays bills, chaperones middle school activities, helps neighbors, shovels snow, repairs water heater, grows wheat grass (upcoming blog on that!), walks and attends to Mugsy, sends off Christmas/Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day letter, attends the temple, advises local school board on issues, reads entire Harry Potter series for the 7th or 8th time, takes out trash, and researches myriads of gardening topics ALL while maintaining a daily job search both in and out of the country! I LOVE my cheerful and energetic slave clear to pieces...

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh! What a man you have there!

Laura said...

I'm thoroughly impressed (and a tiny bit jealous)! My husband does help me out quite a bit on his week off--laundry, child care, dishes, grocery shopping, but never ever meal preparation.

Way to go, Paco!

Shelly said...

Go J!!! Although, we haven't received our Christmas/V-day/etc. newsletter yet. I hope it was just an oversight.
Charlie liked the video. "Let's do another one" he said.

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley