Pageviews past week

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Windows to the Soul


Outstanding Faces of the Week



In the number one spot is this incredibly beautiful woman who slowly removed herself from a donkey cart on a Sunday morning in Sebt Gzoula.  Catching this photo was a tender mercy.


I remember seeing a film in a sociology class at BYU on self-actualization which featured a humble South American farmer.  This guy pretty much embodies that whole concept.


This little family (husband and other son below) caught my eye in the crowded streets.  I have NEVER felt more pure joy just oozing out of these parents.  Ever.  The mother handed me the baby saying, "Trez jolie!  Trez jolie! (Very pretty)  The little boy was filthy and had a snotty nose, but I know from experience that without constant surveillance ANY kid his age can get that way in a matter of minutes!



We hugged and hugged and had a very animated non verbal "conversation"!  They were not begging, but I was delighted to slip her a bill I had.


A contemplative baby I zoomed in on from quite a ways away.


I discovered the magic of handing out a few coins to the street kids.  Sebt Gzoula is waaaay off the beaten tourist path--nothing really to draw visitors.  I found it OVER THE TOP wonderful in every way.  We hope we can return for some projects!!!!





Some of the faces of Interweave training




We had no common language, but we seemed to communicate!



This is Moona.  She speaks English articulately, designs clothing, owns a little boutique, is divorced and was attending Interweave training with her uncle, a retired Arabic teacher.  We hope to help her with her business to employ Moroccan mothers who want to work at home.  Her cousin is the handicapped artist a few pictures down.


Jahlil, our trainer, on the left and the argan oil farmer on the right.  After the training was over we went to his farm!!!!!!!  It was GRAND!!!!!!



Isn't she sooooo beautiful?  At the argan oil farm


And a little sister


Future argan oil farmers--FFA?


These little guys were shy, so I had to kind of chase them around which they loved, of course.  My zoom helped too.



A true homage to my Canon SX740 HS.  This little lady was way off in the distance!


A street troubadour in the Essaouira medina


He was hobbling with the help of some cool homemade walking sticks.--Essaouira


A joyous street artist--Essaouira






No comments:

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley