Pageviews past week

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Donkey Tonk Woman!

We represented LDS Charities at two two day sessions of training.  The first city, Essaouira, was too windy for much wandering, but Sebt Gzoula was perfect!


This donkey's cargo was several large containers of oil--perhaps olive or argan.  In the case of the latter, this should have been an armored car!!!  Precious and expensive!


I had challenges taking pictures--One, I had to leap in and out of the way of carts and cars!  And two, my camera seemed intimidating and even scary to them.  I didn't even know what I had here until I could lighten it up and crop it on my computer.  



Jerry forgot his shaver, and he and this donkey grew more similar as the days passed!


I fell instantly and deeply in love with every. single. one.  Sent me scampering to KSL.com classifieds to see what a little donkey would run me back home.


This guy had nice clean blinders.  Maybe he's in training.


I loved the exotic purple cart cover!



I rubbed his ears, and he seemed to like it. I am going to find out what the donkey go-to snack of preference is! 



Each and every one was oozing with character.






I know!!!!!


I must have met over a hundred donkeys.  When I finally made my way back to the training, I had a good robust donkey odor about me.

And my favorite.  Out in the country.  Not a perfect photo--they were clipping along and kept turning their heads when they saw my camera.  But look at their faces...

No comments:

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley