Pageviews past week

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Not a Bad Idea! Italy Cont'd...ad nauseum


You may think I am prepared to post pictures of Italy well into my 70's (why am I starting to see decades written without the ' ?????), but I can neither confirm nor deny that allegation.  This post is dedicated to pictures I took which screamed "NOVELTY!!"


Whimsical toaster--wakes both you AND the bread up in the morning


Whisks with a twist



Smocking is not novel, but using wool is!  I know there is some of this art in my immediate future!  I've finally located a teacher in Canada!


Murano glass flowers!  Elegant Italian glass isn't just for ballrooms anymore!


A novel sign--just a twist of sarcasm.  When I went to snap it, the shop owner went ballistic in Italian assuming that I was going to copy his magnets.  I had pure educational motives in mind only--"Chinese Perception Abroad".   He was the only truly rude person we met.  I even planned on buying one, but not after his outburst.


Yup.  His and hers chastity belts.


The next five pictures were taken of photographs depicting an annual festival/pagaent dedicated to eschewing witches and paganism in Assisi!!!!  I could tell it is quite an event.  So much more regal than our Halloween...






Obviously, these folks take their anti-witch campaign seriously.


I'd never even thought of hugging a clock until I met this one.


We went directly from the Last Supper to this on the street.



SMASHING IDEA!!!!



Soap!


And soap again.


This exquisite bird feeder would have set me back a couple of month's of Idaho teacher's pay, but perhaps you should never put a price on novelty.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I haven't visited your blog in a long time!! I had a lot of catching up to do. Love the Italy pictures. I didn't get to hear much about it when you were here.

Patti said...

If you've got 'em (pictures of Italy) flaunt 'em!

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley