Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Still Blasting From the Pasting


Contemplative young Buddhist monk in temple in Cambodia




More Cambodia


and a little more...


And back in Chengdu, yet another death in our neighborhood.  When you die there, these giant mylar memorials are delivered.  Your friends come and pay your respects by walking around and reading the streamers which we suspected carried sentiments and condolences.  Not to be disrespectful, but they reminded me of JiffyPop...



 Sometimes the wind caught ahold of them!


Continuing on in a funerial theme--we peeked in here on our way to church one day.  I think the mahjhong tables are for the family who sort of "hold court" in honor of their loved one--a viewing of sorts without the body--just a nice picture, flowers, and oh, I saw some snacks.  Refreshments!!


I don't know if you decorate your own tent or if that's contracted out. 


More of the JiffyPop on sticks.  The little pile of sunflower seeds in the right hand lower corner tipped me off that I would get along just fine with this group.




Posing with Ronald, John, Kevin and Harry in my classroom.  Yes, we wore coats!!!  Brrrrr, howdy...


 Spring Festival mid winter interruption of China to love on me some of these.



If two are in a selfie, is it an ussie?



Or a we-ie?



Will pick up my needles and create this someday...ahhhh....



And a Happy Birthday to this superior 7 year old.  Harrison is one of the kindest people I know.  He speaks gently, and I have never seen him be anything but a lovely gentleman.  It doesn't hurt that he has those eyes...


1 comment:

Patti said...

I was going to post something about the work associated with dying, but those adorable grandchildren at the end totally distracted me. :D

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley