Pageviews past week

Monday, January 24, 2011

Exhumed


The 1972 Time Capsule containing this picture of my parents--not my parents! This was a delightful find today on the local library's website. A truly wonderful stroll down Memory Lane. I had been gone from home for a year in 1972, but not to worry. Things looked much the same in 1972. Come to think of it, they STILL do!!! Ha ha ha!! This picture was taken at the ward's fair stand where I spent many many comradic hours flipping burgers, slinging sodas, filling mustard containers, and having the time of my life with some of the best people I've ever known. Back in the day we had to earn money to pay an annual assessment to run our church. The fair stand was a quick (but exhausting) way to make money. I believe my dad was still the bishop. Good good times.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Can you send the link to the library?

Jill said...

I remember standing out back shucking corn, sometimes for a whole shift. Those were the days!

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley