Pageviews past week

Monday, September 30, 2019

Windows to the Soul

We spent a recent week in Marrakech--always an adventure there!


This is a photo I could probably never hope to get--women.  They are mostly so shy in front of a camera.  I snagged this one from a museum photograph.  I love it.


But permission to take pictures of the kids is generally welcomed.  I think that vanity is just wonderful.


Our humanitarian work takes us into schools, mostly pre-schools.  This was the first day for some of these three and four year olds.  One little guy got overly enthusiastic and bit down into his lip.  Blood and tears and sadness.



Cecille is a humanitarian.  She caught the spirit from Mother Teresa, wrote her a letter, joined her in Calcutta and then founded an orphanage in Nepal.  She tells an emotion-filled story of being in the earthquake there four years ago.  She is a heroine.


Photos like this are only possible through a zoom.  I am wishing I were a better photographer with maybe a more technical camera.






Patrick works his magic wherever he goes.  We were introduced to him through a French houseguest we had in the spring.  Isabelle thought we'd work well together!  He is a French gentleman--very very gifted and oh so kind.  He works with Cecille in both Morocco and Nepal.










An undaunted Moroccan villager faces the myriad of daily chores--I stalked her for awhile with my zoom.  I think she was on to me but decided to be a good sport.


Always the children...





Sisters!






This is on the balcony deck of the boarding school that some of my friends have an interest in volunteering in!


A couple of beautiful French student volunteers we spent the day with

Pre-school!

No comments:

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley