Pageviews past week

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Pere LaChaise


Almost 25 years ago, I was traveling with a large group of students.  Vanessa was insistent that we track down this cemetery and go see Jim Morrison's grave.


Not only did I feel the spirits of everyone buried here recently, but I also had vivid memories of those awesome kids.


The place speaks for itself.


I've been accused of being morbid and thinking too much about dying.  Guilty.  Morbid has such a negative connotation.  I don't consider being morbid necessarily bad.  Death deserves all the attention it can get.




Doesn't that red door pop??  Ya gotta love a bold grieving family!


We prevailed upon a lovely mother and daughter from Delft, Netherlands, to GPS us to Chopin.  I had remembered it as being so beautiful.  


Fred...


This could certainly be the basis for at least a smashing short story--perhaps a book.  I wonder if she's wearing her official tomb grooming suit.  Bless her heart.



How does one start a cemetery?  Do you need a permit?  We've got some space for one out on Bench Rd.


Just...wow...


Even classics need to add a little funky town.


Exercise, fresh cool air, fellow morbid souls, ambience and perfect shadows made for a soul-lifting morning in Paris.

No comments:

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley