Pageviews past week

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Working On??

Lest you ever thought my early morning conversations with Paco lacked hutzpah, never you fear--this morning (because I'm suffering from the world's longest jet lag and can't sleep past 3:45) when I returned to grab a few more in bed, I had to burrow down under to find him.  Hunkered down in the warmth of his bed cave.   Right before his conversation turned to something he'd watched last night on secrets in the Vatican, he asked completely out of the blue, "What are you working on?"  An astute question for us all, nicht wahr?  I rattled off a few things, but I've thought of some more:


  • a sweater for baby Paul at church
  • a semester's worth of new curriculum on American Novels-20th and 21st Century for my Peking University students
  • ideas for a 7 year old I will begin tutoring in English
  • exercising my gimpy hip muscles courtesy of a November bike fiasco
  • whitening my teeth
  • limiting my carbs to 25 a day
  • my goodreads goal of 80 books for 2017 (I'm currently ahead--usually I'm scrambling from behind!)
  • plans for my 4 day holiday in Hong Kong next week
  • my on-going scripture marking Book of Mormon project
  • my weekly Chinese lesson which I hack away at
  • reviving my blog
  • maintaining my 5 year Q&A diary
  • a daily journal
  • bringing my bullet journal into existence
  • making email contact with my students in Chengdu who are all getting ready to graduate!!!
  • organizing my photos from Europe


And that's a little peak into the tunnel (this one's in Amsterdam) of my mind.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

How goes the bullet journal?

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley