Pageviews past week

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

On the Silk Road

National Day in China afforded us a week of holiday (which we didn't even really feel like we needed, but...), so we took off on the Silk Road with 36 of our BYU teaching buddies!  Urumqi, Dunghuan, Turpan, Xi'an--places of mystery, intrigue, and history.


We saw 4,999,302,874,003 raisins.  I counted them.  Some were still grapes on trees, but most of them were drying flat in fields and on the sides of the road.


Muslem bazaars--rugs, urns...



Let's make music!!


(Insert "I Dream of Jeanie" theme song)


The place was pretty much lined with this bread.  Our cool tour guide hopped off the bus at one point and got some for all of us to try.  I could picture some pretty snazzy pizzas--or maybe frisbees!


Gords?  Gordes?  Gourdes?  Goards?


"And the winner of the cutest Uighur baby contest is..."


Kathy and John--good friends who live across from us in Beijing--We do motocross training together.


An adorable yawning baby



Cam is a new friend--every traveling group needs a retired podiatrist, right?  If he speaks Chinese, THAT is a bonus!  If he is the world's friendliest guy---well, then.


What did I tell you?


Still on the vine





Freshly juiced...ahhhhhhhhhhh


The noods.  Always the noods.


Muslem cafe

Flowers floating in our commode when we arrived at our hotel--a first for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be recommended this web site by way of my cousin. I'm not certain whether
or not this publish is written by means of him ass
nobody else realize such exacxt about my problem. You are
incredible! Thank you!

My site; Cheats For Tap Titans

Patti said...

The merchandise was amazing, but those babies. Oh dear. How sweet were they?!

Shelly said...

Cool market!! And cool comment above. Yes, those babies are to drool for!

Tracy Giles said...

Great pictures!! We miss you!

Favorite books

  • Me 'n Steve
  • Thundering Sneakers
  • James Herriott's vet books
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Travels with Charley
  • A Walk in the Woods
  • Peace Like a River
  • The Egg and I
  • Mary Poppins
  • Extremly Loud Incredibly Close
  • How Green Was my Valley